Position and responsibility of Better Minds
Each reference to Better Minds in this policy refers to its (independent) coaches and trainers (or their management companies) who work for / act for or represent Better Minds.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. By doing so you give your explicit consent to Better Minds to collect and use your personal data according to this policy.
By visiting our site, you agree that Better Minds collects and uses your personal data according to this policy.
We have taken the necessary measures to protect your personal data against hacking, unallowed access, changes or erasings.
We take all reasonable measures to protect your privacy according to the applicable legislation and the state of the technology.
Which personal data are processed by Better Minds?
We can also process your personal data which you share with us by filling in the registration form or just by visiting the site. The personal data are, among others, your name, surname, your post and email address, phone number and sometimes the company you work for and your function. The processing takes place in execution of your contract with Better Minds or is allowed referring to the legitimate interest of Better Minds to offer you our services in execution of a contract or otherwise.
Depending on the item you buy or for which coaching programs or training programs you fill in a form, we also process, with your explicit consent, sensitive personal data, regarding your health, your physical, psychological or your social identity.
While organizing online workshops we also collect, share and process images of our clients.
We only save and process them temporarily with the explicit consent of the individuals concerned.
The use of sensitive personal data is restricted to what is strictly necessary in terms of storage, individuals with whom the data are shared and the period during which the limited data are stored.
Why and on which legal basis Better Minds processes your personal data
Better Minds uses your personal data for the following reasons:
- Better Minds closes contracts with individuals or legal persons who have to be identified according to the applicable legislation.
- To identify you as user of the website of Better Minds
- Your email address will be used to communicate with you in execution of our contractual obligations such as the communication of invoices, but also to invite you for training – or coaching sessions.
- Some data which can be qualified as personal data, such as your invoice number and your client number, will be created by Better Minds and will be used by Better Minds in execution of our contractual and legal obligations.
- Better Minds processes (sensitive) personal data of its clients and the visitors of the website either in execution of a contract, the explicit consent or their legitimate interest and always limited to what is necessary to serve its purpose within the legal and commercial scope of Better Minds.
Sharing of data with others
It is possible that your data are shared with third parties whenever necessary to live up to our contractual obligations or to support the technical, administrative or financial handling of your file and our legal obligations. Better Minds has closed good contractual processing agreements with these third parties so that we are sure that your privacy is protected.
We are also allowed to share your data with the public authorities.
No sharing for commercial purposes.
Unless Better Minds has your explicit permission, your personal data will not be used for commercial or promotional purposes outside Better Minds.
No sharing to processors outside EER.
Unless Better Minds has your explicit permission, your personal data will not be shared with a third party outside EER.
We take all reasonable measures taking into account the state of the technology to protect your personal data against theft, misuse, unallowed access, communication, changes, loss or deletion.
Your right to correction, opposition, deletion or restriction regarding the processing of your personal data.
As an individual you have the right to claim that Better Minds:
- Let’s you know wiht whom, in which format, for how long your data are shared and whether your data are used for profiling.
- Corrects your wrong personal data or gives you the possibility to do so
- Erases your personal data or gives you the possibility to do so unless Better Minds has legal or contractual obligations which make it impossible to agree with your question.
- Limits the use of your personal data and specially to prevent the use of the personal data for profiling.
- Transfers your personal data in a readable format to a third party indicated by you.
Unless otherwise agreed, all personal data collected and processed through the website, are erased after a period of 10 years after the termination of the contract with Better Minds, unless legal or contractual obligations prevent Better Minds to act accordingly.
You can execute your rights as follows:
- In writing: by sending a registered letter to Better Minds – Stokerijstraat 17 bus 54, 2110 Wijnegem, Belgium stating the rights, you want to exercise together with a copy of your identity card (front and backside)
- Electronically: by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the rights you want to exercise together with a copy of your identity card (front and backside
Please take into account:
- Better Minds can be allowed/ forced to refuse your request entirely or partially. Better Minds will justify its attitude in its answer and can refer to the FAQ which you can find on the site. (legal obligations regarding the retention period … )
- Your request can result in the suspension or the termination of your contract with Better Minds.
Cookies are little text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible and they remember your preferences on the site of Better Minds and services rendered by us, so you don’t have to insert your details again and again. It also allows us to know which services are popular. We can also count the number of visitors.
Better Minds uses functional and analytic cookies.
Functional cookies are cookies that ensure the proper functioning of the website e.g. cookies for login or registration, personal preference and are not shares with third parties. Analytic cookies help us to improve our website and give us information regarding the attitude of the users, the number of visitors, which pages they visit, and the time-frame during which they visit the pages on the site. Better Minds can collect and store non sensitive information such as browser type, IP – address, the opation system or the domain name of the website you use to have access to the website or you leave the website. These data are only used to give Better Minds more information and knowledge regarding the attitude and conduct of their visitors on the site which allows them to improve the website. The information can also be used to contact you again in the future taking into the account the preferences which were discovered by the analytic cookies.
It is also possible that we collect information through ‘web beacons’ (tracking pixels). A Web beacon is a graphic image, usually no larger than 1-pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an email and that is used to monitor the behaviour of the user visiting the site or sending an email. It helps Better Minds to understand the use and the efficiency of her website, a campaign or other services rendered by Better Minds.
More specific the following cookies are used:
|__cfduid||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|PHPSESSID||Preserves user session state across page requests.|
|wc_cart_hash_#||Used to save contents of the shopping cart.|
|__distillery (Wistia)||This cookie is used in context with a video-player, so that if the visitor is interrupted while viewing the video, the cookie remembers where to start the video when the user reloads the page.|
|_ga & _gid (Google Analytics)||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|Collect (Google Analytics)||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
|Loglevel (Wistia)||Collects data on visitor interaction with the website’s videocontent. This data is used to make the website’s videocontent more relevant towards the visitor.|
|Facebook Pixel||Used to re-target advertisements to the site visitor on Facebook.|
|Active Campaign||Tracks behaviour on the website, such as pages visited. When logged in, this information can be linked to the user profile in order to trigger personalized emails or automations. When using the chat, the conversation will be temporarily saved.|
Most internet browsers allow you to erase the cookies from your hard disk, to reject cookies or allow you receive a message warning you before you install a cookie:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-be/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=nl&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-in-en-uitschakelen-websites-voorkeuren?redirectlocale=nl&redirectslug=Cookies+in-+en+uitschakelen
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Take into account that when you choose to block, erase or reject cookies, this can influence the access and the efficiency of the website and the services rendered by Better Minds.
Questions and complaints
If you have questions regarding the way we use your personal data, if you want to have access to your personal data, you want to correct, change or erase your personal data or you want to file a complaint, you can always contact the privacy team of Better Minds in the way mentioned above.
You can also file in a complaint at the address of: The Belgian privacy authority (Belgische Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit), Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel.